CLC Before & Afterschool Programs
The focus of Kenosha's CLC programs, re-authorized under Title IV, Part B, of the No Child Left Behind Act, is to provide expanded academic enrichment opportunities for children identified as being below grade level standards in reading and math. Teacher tutoring and academic enrichment activities are designed to help students meet local and state academic standards in subjects such as reading and math.
The 21st Century Community Learning Center (CLC) program provides students and their families with an opportunity to continue to learn new skills and discover new abilities after the school day has ended
The CLC program is available to all non-public (private) school students. Participation is based on a first come first enrolled process, with preference given to those students identified as needing additional tutoring. Enrollment forms are available on this website and need to be dropped off at the CLC school you would like your student attend.
Soaring Beyond Expectations
- KUSD reports that regular CLC attendees have a higher rate of school day attendance than students who do not attend CLC, per the 2010-2011 APR.
- Teachers report that students who participated in CLC on a regular basis showed an improvement in coming to school ready to learn during the 2010-2011 school year.
- Parents report that having their child complete or get a head start on their homework during the afterchool program is helpful to their family arrangement.
- Students report that they enjoy the opportunity to work on academics, participate in enrichment activities, and feel that they benefit from the CLC program.
- Nearly 3000 KUSD students attended a CLC program and 1278 were regular attendees during the 2010-2011 school year.
- Elementary school programs are open for 10-12 hours per week. (see afterschool sites)
Kenosha Unified School District along with other community organizations provide Afterschool services at select KUSD schools. For a complete list of schools and what programs and services they provide please go to the Afterschool Sites link.